How Do I Install a VPN on Synology Devices?
Synology is a network attached storage (NAS) provider. NAS devices are dedicated file storage devices which can serve files to users. A NAS device is connected to your network, so all users can access files from a central location easily. With a VPN installed on your Synology NAS device all traffic will be sent over the VPN network, ensuring your files remain private and secure. With a VPN for Synology NAS, such as VyprVPN, you will enjoy many features including access to VyprVPN's over 700 server locations worldwide and several protocols to choose from. These protocols include OpenVPN 265-bit and PPTP protocols.
- Sign up for a VPN service. VyprVPN is fast and highly-secure, with no third parties.
- Follow the instructions for installing VyprVPN on your Synology device.
- Launch the app and log in with your credentials.
- Select your VPN protocol and server location, then click Connect.
- That's it! An extra layer of privacy and security is now activated for your Synology NAS device.
For detailed instructions on installing VyprVPN on your Synology NAS device, view our support pages: